White Chicken Chili



Tomorrow night is our ward's Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook Off. Well, I wasn't planning on making a chili because my husband is but after getting an email saying that a small number of people signed up I decided why not? My main goal, to do better then my husband because he has been planning his for a little over a week now. I'm just throwing mine together today. A friend has a cooking blog and Im using her recipe for a White Chicken Chili, I'll add a little more and take somethings. Either way, it will be delish and better then my husbands! Friendly competition within the home is always good!

Here is her recipe:
4 cups water
1 tsp lemon pepper
2 tsp cumin (separated)
2 cubes chicken bouillon
4 chicken breasts, diced
1-2 cloves garlic (can substitute 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder)
1 onion, chopped (can substitute 2 Tbs onion flakes)
1 tsp oil
2 cans white northern beans
2 cans green chilies, chopped
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can shopeg (or white) corn
2-3 tsp lime juice

Combine the water, lemon pepper, 1 tsp cumin, bouillon and chicken and cook for 20 minutes. Saute the garlic and onion in oil (omit this step and the oil if using dehydrated garlic and onions). Combine all the ingredients (do not drain any cans before adding) and add 1 tsp cumin and lime juice and simmer for one hour (or until chili thickens). Serve with grated Monterey Jack cheese on top.


(Thanks Shelli )

No comments:

Post a Comment