Hummus Crusted Chicken

If your anything like me you have 3 goals everyday.
1.) Keep the kids alive
2.) Keep house standing (because clean with kids is a joke)
3.) Easiest yummiest dinner you can find

Luckily, I'm doing great with keeping the kids alive and my house is still standing but dinners, oh how I hate having to think of something quick, easy, healthy and something that will please everyone. I have been eating as clean as I can lately, I'm doing a beachbody program and it is strict but the results are amazing so my family suffers with me sometimes.

 This was a dinner that I decide to try after searching pinterest for ideas. Pinterest what would I do without you??? It took me maybe 15 minutes to throw together (lots of veggies being cut). Do I have your attention??? Want to know something else??? Everyone in my house liked it, even my husband who is my pickiest eater!

Recipe for Hummus Crusted Chicken
You will need:
3 thawed chicken breast (or how ever many your family needs, this fed 5)
Hummus (I used the pine nut hummus from Costco)
Veggies 
-3 Zucchini
-1 bunch of asparagus
-green orange and red pepper
-onion


Cut up all of your veggies and put in a large bowl, sprinkle with seasonings. ( I used Italian seasonings nothing fancy) Then place everything in a greased 9x13. Place your chicken on top of the veggies and cover in hummus, little hands might enjoy helping on this step. You don't want to see the chicken at all. Then throw everything in the oven!

Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes or until the juice from the chicken is clean. 

Biscuits on the side are perfect with this.

IF by chance your doing the beachbody 21 day fix program, this is approved! Yay!
1 red
1 blue
1 green (I did 2 and it was a ton of veggies)
1 yellow (if you do biscuits with it)


No comments:

Post a Comment